Update: New users (new students and employees) now have their accounts automatically created and the password is synced with their Network Password. So, if you were a new user as of or after the 2018-2019 school year, go to www.office.com and log in with your normal Augustana Credentials. Then proceed to Step 4 in the directions below.
Microsoft now offers Office 365 including Office Professional Plus (2016 for Windows) or Office Professional (2011/2016 for Mac), as well as versions for iOS or Android, to current students and employees of Augustana.
- iOS/Android: download the app in the App Store or Play Store and then use the login and password you create below.
Mac users – if you are running Yosemite 10.10 or newer, you’ll get Office 2016 for Mac. If you’re running Mavericks 10.9 or older, you’ll get Office 2011 for Mac.
To sign up, follow these steps on Mac or Windows:
1. Go to www.office.com/getOffice365.
2. Enter your Augustana email address and click “Get Started.”
3. Create a password and verify your address by entering the code sent to your email by Microsoft.
4. Once in, download the installer by clicking on “Install Office Apps.”
5. When prompted, choose that you are an Office 365 subscriber and enter your email address and Office 365 password.
That’s it! As long as you continue as an Augustana student or employee you will have access to this Office 365 benefit. You may install on up to five (5) computers and five (5) mobile devices.