Lately, I have been lacking some much needed downtime. However, when I’ve had downtime here at Augie so far, it has probably been no mystery to my floormates. Off of the top of my head, I can think of five ways good ol’ Swanson 2E knows when I have downtime.
1. New artwork appears on my door. It is no secret that I bought the fantastic 120-pack of Crayola crayons with a coloring book to match solely for college.
2. Squeals echo throughout the hallway on Tuesday nights. My infatuation with Glee is not too hard to figure out. Let’s just say last night my entire floor probably knew how much I adore Matthew Morrison and his version of Coldplay’s “Fix You.”
3. Lightsaber duels occur in the middle of the hallway. My desk is the home to three lovely fake lightsabers (my own, my roommate’s, and a friend’s,) and anytime we’re all together, we tend to put them to good use.
4. Screams of agony can be heard, along with the depressing sound of Mario dying. Let’s just say when my friend and I play Super Mario Bros. on my roommate’s Wii, he’s a tad bit better than me.
5. I’m sitting in the middle of the hallway for hours on end. Last Saturday night, I sat right in front of my door in the hallway with my roommate, my suitemate, and a friend (why we weren’t in my room most of the time, I’m not sure.) Plenty of inside jokes were made, a few secrets were revealed, and it was 6 am before we knew it, but those are the times I honestly love more than anything. If sleep wasn’t so crucial on weekdays, I’d just stay up all night talking with friends because even when my courseload seems a bit unbearable and my mind is on overdrive, the little things during downtime overshadow it all.
Posted on October 5th, 2011 by Ashley LaGrow
Filed under: Ashley LaGrow